Iran Autumn Tour
This tour takes us to all of the major sites in Tehran as well as the ancient Persian cities of Shiraz and Isfahan. On top of the rich history of the region, this tour also offers lots of opportunities to interact with locals. On the trip itself we will be doing lots of hidden extras and will show you every side of this unique and majestic country.
The tour begins and ends in Tehran, but has been arranged with enough flexibility if you need to arrive or leave one day early.
We offer visa support for people of all nationalities (except for Israel) And if this was not enough, join us for our group tour to southern Iraq!
Monday October 7th – Tehran
- Morning arrival in Tehran.
- Free afternoon to walk around Tehran & get to know your group.
- Visit the National Jewelry museum – the contents of which actually back up the Iranian currency.
- Visit the old Tehran bazaar to soak up the night time atmosphere and people watch.
- Overnight in the Parastoo Hotel.
Tuesday October 8th– Tehran
- Drive through Tehran past anti-US propaganda and the old US embassy. Site of the infamous hostage crisis.
- Visit Saad Abad & Niavaran palace, the last Palaces of the last Shah of Iran. Lunch at Darband hills, above Tehran.
- One hour free time.
- Shopping in the Tajrish Bazaar of Tehran and visit a nearby mosque.
- Traditional Iranian kebabs at a famous restaurant near Ferdosi square.
- Continue the evening with a walk around the city trying shisha, fresh juices, and mingling with locals.
- Overnight in the Parastoo hotel.
Wednesday October 9th – Tehran/ Shiraz
- Early check out for our morning flight to Shiraz.
- Visit the citadel in the center of the city.
- Visit the Grand Bazaar for some shopping and photos. There's an opportunity to buy old anti-American stamps from a local shop owner and collector.
- Lunch in the middle of bazaar for traditional Persian dishes.
- Free walk around the bazaar or relax with tea and shisha. Great chance to mingle with local students here.
- Dinner of falafel and sambusas.
- Overnight at Parsian hotel.
Thursday October 10th– Shiraz/Persepolis
- Up bright and early to visit the Nasir al-Mulik mosque when the morning light shines through spectacularly.
- Late morning drive to Persepolis.
- Lunch at a traditional restaurant on the way to the Necropolis tombs.
- Visit the botanic gardens of Shiraz.
- Stop for traditional Shiraz ice cream at a famous shop.
- Visit the Hafez park and tomb. Resting place of the great Iranian poet. Great opportunity to mingle with locals and take photos.
- Overnight in Parsian hotel.
Friday October 11th– Shiraz/Esfahan
- Drive to the city of Esfahan with stop at Cirus’s tomb and an old fortress for tea.
- Lunch on the way.
- Stop at the famous old Khaju bridge.
- Arrival and short rest at the hotel.
- Walk to dinner at a local restaurant.
- Visit one of the city's oldest carpet shops. Receive an explanation on a variety of Persian carpets. The presentation involves a show of how carpets are made.
- Evening visit to the 300 year old Abbasi Hotel for traditional Iranian tea.
- Overnight at the Esfahan tourist Hotel.
Saturday October 12th – Esfahan
- Visit the beautiful Safavid Palace.
- Sheikh Lotfollah mosque and Ali-qapoo palace.
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant in the square.
- Visit to the Shah Mosque.
- Free time to explore the square and shop for gifts at the surrounding bazaar.
- Chance to change money for small crisp rial denominations.
- Optional visit to Iran/Iraq war museum.
- Visit Zurkhane gym to watch an ancient Persian sport workout.
- Overnight at the Tourist Hotel.
Sunday October 13th – Esfahan/Tehran
- Morning flight to Tehran.
- Visit the Mausoleum of Ayatollah Khomeini.
- Visit the Revolutionary Martyrs Cemetery.
- Stop at the Shah’s Monument - AKA Revolution Monument.
- Farewell meal at the Armenian Club. Armenians are the main ethnic Christian minority in Iran.
- Opportunity to have a drink of Armenian wine and vodka, the only legally allowed place to have alcohol in Iran.
- Overnight in the Parastoo hotel.
Monday October 14th – Tehran
- Free morning to do last minute shopping.
- Departure by flight or continue to Southern Iraq!