Who are we
We are an Irish (EU) registered travel company – Republic of Ireland Business registration number: 632725. Our website address is: https://rockyroadtravel.com.
2 Caiseal cam, Roscam, Galway, Ireland, H91F38D.
Neue Schönhauser Str. 14, 10178 Berlin, Germany.
With this privacy statement we (Rocky Road Travel) inform you, among other things, about the type of personal data we collect, for which your data is processed and which rights you have.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you book a trip, the details you provide will be recorded by us. We collect data including:
- Name, address, place of residence, telephone number, e-mail
- Nationality, date of birth, place of birth
- Emergency contact information
- Payment details
- Diet information
- Necessary medical data (if you consent)
- Information about the booked trip
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with and for what purpose
- Your details are required to make inquiries, to provide you with information about your trip, for relevant communication concerning the booking and for acquiring certain visas.
- Your dietary needs will be shared with other travel service providers who provide meals and if this has a medical or religious reason only if you give your consent.
- Insofar as you give your consent, your medical data will be shared with the travel service provider who needs to be aware of this and is required for your needs, your safety or the safety of third parties.
- Name and address details, bank details and details of the booked trip, the costs and the payment are processed for the purposes of accounting, debtor administration and collections.
- Your details can be used for a legitimate interest of the company or third parties, such as settlement of complaints, disputes and legal claims, insofar as your interest should not prevail.
- We process your experience to assess whether you meet the participation requirements. This is necessary for your safety, that of others and for the proper execution of the journey.
- We make your data available to travel service providers if and insofar as this is necessary for the proper execution of the trip, for looking after the needs you have indicated, for your safety and the safety of others.
- The processing of data uses external processors such as the booking system, the accounting system, the e-mail system, the accounting and for the payment and collection.
How long we retain your data
- Unless otherwise stipulated, personal data will be stored up to two years after the trip.
- Medical data will be deleted 30 days after the trip.
- Insofar as data is required for tax administration, this data is stored during the applicable mandatory period (usually 7 years).
- The above storage periods can be deviated from due to a statutory obligation or a legitimate interest of the company or third parties insofar as your interest does not prevail. Data can be stored, among other things, in the event of complaints, possible disputes or legal claims up to 2 years after settlement of the complaints, the dispute or the legal claims.
Transferring data to a third country or international organization outside the EU
When traveling outside the EU, the necessary personal data will be passed on to local travel service providers on the basis of the implementation of the (travel) agreement with you. The travel service providers are responsible for the correct processing of your personal data and are bound by the privacy rules that apply in that country.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.